GO GURNEE is a community movement, presented by Gurnee Park District, designed to promote community values of health and wellness through education, service, spirit and innovation.
Drawing on collaborations with community members, government agencies, clubs as well as businesses, schools and religious organizations, GO GURNEE seeks to create more awareness of the many programs and services that support local health and wellness initiatives.
Inspired by the U.S. Surgeon General, Dr. Vivek H. Murthy, the first stage of the movement is to encourage our community to walk at least 30 minutes each day.
- Set a goal: Step up to the challenge and walk 30 minutes a day. Visit www.facebook.com/GOGURNEE for details, motivation and tips. Use #GOGURNEE to join in on the conversation!
- Walk each day in your own neighborhood or at any park of your choice.
- Continue walking 30 minutes each day and visit the GO GURNEE Facebook page for surprises, educational activities and new opportunities. Don't forget to keep our community members active and involved in moving and connecting through social media.
Champions are motivational ambassadors who are committed to sharing the mission of GO GURNEE. They invite and encourage others to participate in the movement through Facebook, e-mails and in-person interactions.
5 Reasons to Become a Champion:
- Receive a limited edition GO GURNEE Champion T-shirt.
- Improve your health and well-being.
- Feel rewarded by others' success through your support and leadership.
- Be empowered knowing you made a difference.
- Decrease national obesity rates - one person at a time.
Become a Champion! Click here to get started.